itac.technology provides top notch business tech support to its select group of clients across Australia. We form long term relationships with our clients, becoming their first call for all questions tech. We implement a solid baseline of core services and support allowing us to monitor and maintain their systems whilst helping them improve their business workflows and profitability.
We are seeking an experienced technician with solution design experience to enhance our team, 5 days a week.
About the position
This role will require you to zoom out and take a “big picture” view of a problem, then use the products, services and knowledge itac.technology have in the arsenal to create a harmonious solution. You’ll need to be across the products and services we currently use and keep one eye on the industry and market for any new tech that we can bring into the fold.
Must haves - before you hit apply, make sure you can speak to each of these points, you will be asked to do so:
- We need you to hit the ground running - at least 2 years experience in a tech support role
- You’ll be solving a diverse range of problems combining multiple disciplines – some experience or demonstration of keen ability in solution design is paramount
- You need to be a people person delegating tasks to other team members and speaking with clients - some experience in a customer service and management role where you were successfully overseeing a team
- You’ll need to work locally – so you must already live within commuting distance to Byron Bay office or be willing to relocate to paradise at own expense. Must have a drivers’ license.
- Proven ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks autonomously and effectively
- You’ll need to be comfortable following verbal and written instructions/templates/procedures to complete work to a consistent, high standard. Every. Single. Time.
- You’ll need to be a legend – who can talk the talk and walk the walk.
Desirable qualities - We don’t expect you to know it all, here’s some bonus criteria that will be most favourable if you can demonstrate knowledge and experience:
- Has worked with both macOS and Windows Operating Systems and hardware
- Has worked with and can setup/administer:
- Google G Suite
- Microsoft Office 365 including Sharepoint
- Unifi wireless systems including Unifi Video
- Cloud hosted PBX phone systems
- PSA and RMM platforms with integrations
- Can configure and troubleshoot a network; from applying for NBN connection, to configuring the modem, access points and client devices
- Can design a network solution for unique situations which may require point to point, interesting terrain, some unusual technologies or out of the box solutions
- Understands the importance of accountability, honesty and transparency through tracking time spent and job notes/documentation
- You get to work in Byron Bay - the beach is always just down the road!
- You’re part of a small team - agile, honest, communicative, open and responsive to change
- No one day is ever the same as the last - you’re literally working on dozens of different technologies and projects (sometimes all at that same time!!)
- Other benefits and bonuses – Financial targets and incentives, other perks, tailored for you and what you need to perform happily and optimally
- We love our lifestyle – Flexible working hours may be available for surf, coffee, yoga, sleep or whatever helps you put your best foot forward for the day!
If this sounds like you and you’re up for a challenge, apply below!
Be sure to include a resume detailing all relevant experience. Also be sure to include a cover letter introducing yourself AND briefly addressing each of the “must haves” and “desirable qualities” above. We want to see why you are the right legend for our team!
(HINT: addressing all “must haves” and “desirable qualities” in your cover letter is a TEST. It ensures you’ve read the whole ad and can follow basic instructions - if you are serious about this application, we strongly suggest you heed this hint 😉 )